Sunday, December 20, 2009

Visons from the Mother Land...

I have a vision now. I'm pretty sure I thought I had one before visiting Accra, Ghana, but I didn't.

My journey to the mother land is leaving me "write-less". I am struggling to find the words to express the beauty that GOD graced me to experience. The only words that come to mind are some that I borrowed from my senior year English professor, " Through my visit, I learned to have a VISION for a liberated future". PERIOD.

Liberty, or freedom, starts in the mind.

As I walked through the slave dungeons I thought of how oppressed my ancestors were and how oppressed we are as a people today. I decided that I owe it to them to live free!

My message TODAY is to not let anyone or anything hold you captive. Your ancestors and your God have already paid the price for your freedom. SO, before 2010 ( You don't have to wait), do what you need to do to be FREE!

For some it may be letting go of an unhealthy relationship or opting to stay home to study instead of partying in the club. I'm not sure what you're battling or what may be holding you in bondage- but, I KNOW IT'S TIME TO COME OUT AND HAVE A VISION FOR YOUR LIFE!

I dare you to dream again...

Our ancestors are watching....

No comments:

Post a Comment