Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moments from my moment....


Hello ALL!

I am sorry that I have been so M.I.A! It has been a very busy time in my life and I must apologize for not keeping you informed about my travels. I am going to do better ( smile).

If you haven't heard I had the honor of attending the NAACP Image awards! Last year I watched it from my living room but this year I was inspired as I sat in the audience with Miss Black USA 1995! God is so good...

The beauty of this experience was truly found not in the glitz and the glamour but in seeing the humanity in stars that we so often place unrealistic standards on. I saw Jill Scott laughing with Mo'nique until they had tears in their eyes. I saw Anika Noni Rose crack jokes during commercial breaks. I saw Tyler Perry show emotions about the recent death of his mother. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE... 

They deserve our prayers. They deserve our respect. They deserve their own space and place to be human. 

I thank God for the gift of learning this lesson. If it had not been for Miss Black USA... I may not have learned it in such a fabulous way.

I am on my way to working on my second book... I promise we'll talk real soon!

Much Love,
Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment